Author Topic: Houston luncheon anyone?  (Read 5018 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Houston luncheon anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:22 pm »
Keri,

I added his surgery date. Don't yet have a lot of details. I hope to soon.

I grew up on Port Lavaca and routinely went to Corpus and Port A. If you get a chance, the Boiling Pot in Key Allegro is the bomb!!  And I went to college in San Marcos so I used to visit SA quite a bit. I won't be near either any time soon tho.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 05:15:38 pm »
Thanks, Brian!

I will keep them in my prayers.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 03:21:09 pm »
Keri~
So bummed that we will be SO far apart when you are in Texas - in fact, if any any other state, we wouldn't be in the same one then!!  Have a great time and eat TONS of good food!

I still have NO plans to be in Houston...it may be a while actually b/c this we are there for Thanksgiving, but I am not sure if we will be in Houston or on family property on TX/LA border.  It is always easier to get together when we are there for a LONG period of time instead of a weekend...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »
Cheri~
Toledo Bend - I am AWFUL at any type of geography so if that sounds familiar, let me know - still don't know if we are going there or just to Houston...would love to meet you too.

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:09 pm »
Quick update. I'm on my phone.

Jason's surgery ended at 5pm. He's in some pain but they got all of it even though it was stuck on the facial nerve. Has a lumbar drain and likely will be in ICU for 2 days.  Told MIL that first 3days don't count.

All in all, Jason is doing well and so is rest of family. Btw, forgot to mention that Jasn's wife is expecting.

They really need all our colective well wishes and prayers.

More as I get it.

Regards,

Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 04:49:48 am »
Brian,
Thanks for keeping us posted.  I have put Jason and family on my prayer chains and will do some extra praying myself.  Thank you!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 05:43:50 am »
thanks my Pooter for this update. Prayers and wishes continue for Jason for a speedy recovery... and congrats to them for their pending new arrival!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Keri

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 11:02:43 pm »
OK Cheri and Kay,
I have to chime in on the TX geography thing (so this isn't a hijack!)
When we lived in Dallas we went camping somewhere near the OK / TX border. I can't think of the name of the place but it was so pretty. There were mountains, and a creek and we went whitewater canoing. It wasn't the part of the OK /TX border that is flat and boring and ugly. It was in the NE corner of Texas, I think. May have been called Beaver Bend state park? Cheri, do you live near there?
And Kay, I ate a lot of good food on my short trip to TX. BBQ and Tex Mex. Even bought 2 boxes of Count Chocula (which I thought they stopped making years ago) and WATERBURGERS!!! i think we went over that already on facebook!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:06 am »
I've never been to Beavers Bend, but here's some info:

Beavers Bend & Hochatown State Park & Lodge
Hwy 259A
Broken Bow, OK 74728

It's on the OK side of the border between Texas and Oklahoma.  It looks great!  Quite a trek from Houston, though.

You can't go wrong with Texas BBQ, though.  A few summers ago, some friends started a blog of review of Texas BBQ locations.  They traveled all over the state visiting good BBQ places.  I went with them on a few outings.

Just to stay "on topic" so we don't get swatted, no further updates about Jason.  I did did G an email this morning asking for one.  I'll post it as soon as I get it.  He should be about ready, if not already, at home by now.

Cheerio!

Brian