Author Topic: 4 Year Anniversary!  (Read 3742 times)

Desilu

4 Year Anniversary!
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:06:46 am »
Dear Friends,

Today is my 4 year post surgery date.  Life is good!  I have had many of life's adversities like everyone else, divorce, deaths of many family members, empty nester, depression, job issues, etc. But my most defining moment in my life was surviving brain surgery.  I couldn't have done it without the support of my friends and family members who were with me throughout this whole Acoustic Neuroma journey.

I have no residual side effects of my surgery except for a 15% hearing loss in my AN ear.  Sure, I have days when everything seems to go wrong and I feel pretty bummed out but when I stop and think that I have come through this AN experience with only a 15% hearing loss, I realize just how truly Blessed I am.  I have said this many times before, if God can get me through brain surgery, then there is nothing that together we can't overcome.

I look forward to going out to Los Angeles next year for my 5 year check-up and to see Dr. Brackmann and his staff. Until then, take care and God Bless!

Sincerely, Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: 4 Year Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:33:35 am »
Congratulations, Ann!  I think your attitude about brain surgery is amazing!  Best wishes for a Happy ANniversary!  I hope your trip next year to House is being planned as a celebratory vacation!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:47:31 am »
Congratulations Ann, happy anniversary. 
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 06:12:25 am »
Ann,

MAJOR congrats on your very special ANniversary!  Continued wellness to you... and can't wait to FINALLY meet you in Chicago!  Will give congrats hugglez to you then!

Well done!  :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:50 am »
Brenda - Thank you, I do plan on making my trip a mini vacation and seeing the sights of LA

Marci - Thank you too!

Phyl - Thanks & looking forward to receiving your "hugglez" when we finally meet!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 02:01:57 pm »
Ann ~

My heartfelt congratulations on your 4-year AN surgery anniversary.  I'm delighted to learn about your excellent surgery outcome.  Your positive attitude is both admirable and encouraging.  Thanks!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Desilu

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:40:26 pm »
HI Jim,

Thank you for the nice comments. I celebrated my day by having a steak breakfast with my son and boyfriend. Afterwards, my boyfriend and I went to the county fair and spent the entire day enjoying different musical groups and eating all kinds of unusual food dishes. Before leaving the fair, I decided to do something a little out of character for me and I got a tattoo (temporary). It still looked pretty cool and it didn't hurt at all. It was a beautiful day and a good reason to celebrate! I hope everyone celebrating their anniversary has a wonderful day like I did. Again, I am truly Blessed.  Ann
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:44:15 pm by Desilu »
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:01 am »
Glad you have had a good outcome and that you had a good celebratory day ...

I celebrated my 2 year with a day of shopping with my 9 and 11 year old girls and by getting
a real tattoo  :o... and it didn't hurt much ...and the tattoo artist
was cute to boot :D ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Desilu

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 07:57:12 pm »
Hi Soundy,

Didn't you get the tattoo that's on your signature (mommy with a headache!)? That was really brave of you. But it has a lot of meaning. We need to have more celebrations don't we? Glad your 2 year anniversary went well also. Thank you! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:20:12 am »
Yep Ann ... got my Headache picture done ... and if I could find my USB cable would
post a picture ... I need to break down and buy a new one
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 06:47:41 am »
Major congratulations, Ann.

Major accomplishment!

Congratulations,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Desilu

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 07:39:15 pm »
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Ann p.s. Hope to meet many of you at the convention.
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa