Author Topic: Email Temporarily Down - Fixed!  (Read 4008 times)

sgerrard

Email Temporarily Down - Fixed!
« on: July 22, 2009, 08:37:00 pm »
In case you haven't noticed, the forum software is not sending out emails, so you aren't getting notified when you get a personal message. They are working on it, so hopefully it will be hooked up soon.

If you just signed up, you probably did not get an activation email either. I assume those will get sent out when the connection gets made.

Meanwhile, we just have to be patient. Nothing new about that. :)

Steve
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:45:49 pm by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Keri

Re: Email Temporarily Down
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:38:15 am »
thanks for letting us know.
and also to have 'patience.' it's funny how different forums have their own phrases that help us. here it's 'be patient.'
i'm also on an Air Force mom's forum (well, it's not just for moms but those are the ones who are on it all the time). Since our kids are at basic training and they NEVER (or hardly ever) can call, the 'phrase of comfort' is "No news is good news."

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:56:46 am »
Just log in every day multiple times, and then you don't have to worry about PM notifications.  Of course, that doesn't help the new subscribers out.  :)

Btw, what's up Steve?

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:35:56 pm »
Steve -

thanks for this topic; wondered what was going on.

I haven't had a chance to log on to the forum in a few days, but I just noticed I have a PM that was sent to me on 7/23.  As that was 2 days ago, I guess the problem still isn't fixed.

Can you update us when it is?

While I like Pooter's idea of just logging on multiple times a day, that's just isn't realistic  :P

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49:26 pm »
email notifications are definately, still, not working. Suggestion is to log on, as much as possible for you, to see if any PM's are sitting there.  Mods are all watching, testing and PM'ing each other constantly to see if any notifications are working. As of now, they are not... and hoping they get it fixed during next week (business week).

Thanks for understanding during this issue.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled halo-dropping! :)
*looks around for Lori* :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Keri

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:52 pm »
thanks for letting us know. my ego was going to be bashed... thinking no one was PM'ing me.. (joking!)
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:30:49 pm »
I think there may also be issues with the "show unread posts since last visit" line.

I haven't been on all day until now and when I clicked on this heading, it said there were no new unread topics.  Then as I poked around a little, I discovered at least four.

So, any moderator reading this, can you report this problem to the tech guys @ the ANA also?

Thanks,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:39:04 pm »
Gee, I haven't used the "unread posts" link in ages. I thought it stopped working correctly months ago.  :)

Once they get the email going, we will let them know. I'm not sure if that is something they can fix, or if it is part of the forum software (see the "Powered by" link at the very bottom of the page).

I just use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link, near the bottom of the main page.

Steve

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 08:38:45 pm »

I just use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link, near the bottom of the main page.

Now why didn't I think of that  ???

That's probably one of the reasons you're a moderator and I'm not!

Thanks,

Jan

emailtest

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 08:43:07 pm »
Emailtest is in the house.

This is a test account created last Thursday. By asking to resend it today, I managed to get an activation. Progress is being made.

Steve

emailtest25

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:46:23 pm »
Hi emailtest, I like your login name. :)

This account was also activated today, by requesting a new activation. If you are a new user wondering what happened, try requesting another activation email. It seems to be working now.

Steve

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »
Jan~
I never knew about that either but the format is too much for me!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 09:22:36 am »
Looks like "You've got mail" again.  8)

Steve

sgerrard

Re: Email Temporarily Down - Fixed!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 08:47:45 pm »
I believe that both activation emails for new users, and notification for Personal Messages (PMs), are now working.

I'm sure you won't hesitate to let us know if you find otherwise. :)

If you are a new user wondering what happened, try requesting another activation email.

Steve

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Email Temporarily Down - Fixed!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 06:28:14 am »
Thanks for the good word, Steve.

Okay, now someone please PM me so I can see if it works  ;D

Jan