Author Topic: Lasik eye correction  (Read 3649 times)

TLC719

• Teresa L Childers
Lasik eye correction
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:28:10 am »
Hi guys,  has anyone ever had Lasik eye correction on an eye?My eye on that side is also blurry,I've tryed everthing to correct it but nothing seems to help.Let me know.Big Thanks TLC
Atlanta Ga.AN 2006 right paralysis,balance issues,SS deaf,just happy to be here!

Alacrity

Re: Lasik eye correction
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:31:05 am »
I had Lasik a couple years before my AN removal.  I'm so glad I had the procedure now but at first I had HUGE dry eye problems for about one year after the Lasik.  My dry eye was so bad at first that I regretted having Lasik.  About one year post op, the dry eye went away, I'm so happy and glad that I had Lasik performed on my eyes.

If you have blinking and tearing problems now after having an AN removed, I'd think carefully before having Lasik on an eye that doesn't blink or tear.  I'd think there'd be a high probability of infection and the Lasik would greatly exacerbate dry eye problems.

-Ala

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »
Like the last poster said, I kind of doubt that they would do Lasik on a compromised eye.  I wish I could get mine fixed.  I'm sick to death of only seeing out of one eye.  My vision in my bad eye is -4.75, so unless I stick a contact in there I'm about blind.

V

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 06:49:44 pm »
They won't even consider doing it on my "good" eye - the vision in it is horrible too - because "if" something went wrong, then I'd be up a creek!  Not even a mention of the AN eye!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »
Thank God I had mine done back in 2000. I had -9 and -7.5 lenses, and received 10 and 8 units of correction. At that time, 10 was the most correction my doctor would attempt, and he was ranked in the top 3 LASIK surgeons nationwide.

I don't know how I would be able to stand it now if I had not had the surgery already done.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:02:02 am »
Both my younger brother and my best friend have had Lasik - and they both love it.

Neither of them has had an AN though - but I'm not sure that makes a difference.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 08:20:04 pm »
I too like Sarah had very poor vision -9 & -8.5. I had PRK (vision correction) done in 2004. They had trouble getting my left eye to the desired correction and that was the side my AN was on. Of course at the time I had no idea I had a brain tumour, always wondering if that was the reason they couldn't get the desired results.
The plan was to go and have an enhancement to correct it. Collectively I can see 20/20 and because I had mono vision I did not have a need for reading glasses (I did prior to my PRK) so I put it off and them BANG you know the rest of the story. The vision correction took a back seat while I dealt with the AN and now because of the facial/eye issues I would not consider going back.
Oh well everything happens for a reason right?
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.