ANA Discussion Forum
Useful Information => Physicians => Topic started by: rubato456 on May 01, 2007, 09:08:40 pm
my husband has an appointment w/ dr. bruce mickey at utsw med school on thursday......i'll let y'all know how it goes. i decided to search the medical school web site for accoustic neuroma and i found dr. mickey...his credentials look impressive.....one of his research interests is accoustic neuroma...he has a 'chair' in the dept of neurosurgery and tons of other impressive looking creditentials....i hope he is really good. we had to get abe's primary to refer to dr. mickey....and apparently he had to look over the clinical notes, mri report and other things before they called us to say abe had the appointment. they called this afternoon and left a message that abe has an appt for 3 pm on thursday....only two days from now.....wow they got him in fast....after over a week of waiting to hear whether abe would be seen at all.......
appointment report to follow!
Good luck to you and your husband at your appointment. It sounds like you plan to go with him. That's a good idea. You can help remember to ask all the questions you both have. I don't know how recent the diagnosis was. New AN patient can someties be keyed up talking to a Neurosurgeon or Radiation specialist.
I am curious how the appointment went for you both. In my search for a treatment team, I heard Dr. Bruce's name noted among the notables in the southwest for AN issues. I have not seen him and have only second hand reports about him so any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. Hopefully things are not moving so fast that they are getting away from you and your husband. Hopefully the AN was identified early enough that you have time to investigate your options and are not rushed into something at the doctor's convenience. I remember when I was first diagnosed that I was willing to rush into anything. Fortunately my ENT knew that because mine was found when it was really quite small, that I did not have to rush and could take time to research as many options as I cared to to. The hearing on that side was totally gone already so hurrying into something really did not offer any real time benefit so I am a happy member of the "watch and wait" treatment crew. Let us know how things went and I pray only the best for you both.