Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

How's your temper?!

<< < (2/4) > >>

arizonajack:
My own opinion for the two cents that it's worth is that it's not the GK that's doing this, it's the entire experience of having an alien life form attack your brain and do you life-changing damage.

It's enough to make anybody angry for a long, long time.

Some people deal with it better than others.

Tod:
In  my case, it was the opposite. So very much of my anger and short-temper faded away. I tend to attribute that to two things. One, the tumor itself was causing/had caused personality changes. Two, I gained some seriously needed empathy...a trait which I seemed to have only in deficit.

-Tod

ANGuy:

--- Quote from: arizonajack on September 17, 2014, 04:24:25 pm ---My own opinion for the two cents that it's worth is that it's not the GK that's doing this, it's the entire experience of having an alien life form attack your brain and do you life-changing damage.

It's enough to make anybody angry for a long, long time.

Some people deal with it better than others.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  And besides, how the heck could anyone do any kind of study to determine if the treatment caused changes?  What would the control group be, healthy people they fired a gamma knife at?

The main thing is to determine if there is an issue and then what you are going to do about it.  Take long walks, tai-chi classes, anti-depressants or take up wood working if it helps. 

robinb:
Hi Patrick-

In my unprofessional opinion, I prescribe a River Cruise vacation!

-Robin :)

Crazycat:
Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about!

My surgeries were 9 years ago and my nerves are still shot. It's especially bad when I wake up. My skin crawls when there are others around me. It takes a few cups of coffee to acclimate; though there's more to it than just a simple matter of elevating my blood sugar. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version