General Category > AN Issues

My tumor size is 3x5 mm looking for advice please

<< < (2/2)

CHD63:
Given a 3x5 mm acoustic neuroma and no discernible symptoms, watching and waiting is certainly an appropriate option.  However, it is vitally important to have regular MRIs with contrast because at any time the possibility exists for a previously dormant tumor to suddenly begin growing.  We need to be tuned in to any additional and changing symptoms, as well.

Just my two cents .....

Clarice

FLsunshine:
Living with a brain tumor is certainly scary.  But I would caution you to take your time and get multiple consults so that you make and informed decision as to what is best for you and your circumstance. 

I too have a 3x5mm tumor... have lived with it for 7 years with no growth.  At first I was told that surgery was best since I had all my hearing and my age (at that time 41).  But my personal choice was to put off surgery as it is very serious and I like my head in one piece (lol).  I have yearly MRIs and headaches and balance issues that are frustrating at times but I am content to live with that.  You may not be and that's ok.  Just do your homework first. 

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version