General Category > AN Issues

talk about confused!!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Echo:
Hi Bikerguy!

Definitely check out Pittsburgh, they have an outstanding reputation and are mentioned many times on this forum.  I know of two Canadians who travelled there for their treatment.

If you haven't already done so, listen to the Webinars on this site.  They were extremely helpful in providing me with info when I was going through the early decision process.

Cathie

lark114:
I live in Philadelphia.  I have a 1.2 cm AN right side.  Minor hearing loss, balance issues and tinnitus.  I went to see Dr. David Andrews at Jefferson Hospital.  He said I didn't need surgery and recommended radiation (I should add that he is the Director of the Stereotactic Radiation Dept, so I am not surprised he told me I should have radiation).  Anyway, I was all set to have radiation and at the last minute I changed my mind for multiple reasons and have decided to go to USC in LosAngeles with Drs. Friedman/Gionatta.  My surgery is scheduled for August 19.   I know Phila has great hospitals (I work in one), but I feel that they just don't do enough of these surgeries on a weekly basis for my comfort level.  My feeling was, if I am going to have this thing taken out, I want it taken out by someone who can pretty much do it with his eyes closed.   

If you should decide on surgery, you must find out how many AN surgeries they do per week.  Other neuro surgeries don't count.  Same goes for radiation.

Good luck.

Linda

bikerguy:
thanks for the replies! was wondering if jefferson hospital has a dr. to where you can send your mri to without a visit? kinda like the losangeles hospital-dr. friedman. was on there site and coulnt find anything but to make an appointment!

PaulW:
The doctor is right something less than 4mm could be nothing. Saw a friends MRI a while back with a something that was possibly 3mm x3mm  x1mm.  It was too small to call.. It only appeared on one frame of the MRI and they weren't prepared to diagnose an AN on just a single slice

bikerguy:
now i feel like i'm getting somewhere. PAUL W i need to ask, what was the outcome of your friend?  anyone else on here that was diagnosed, then mis diagnosed? i am still on the watch and wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version