General Category > AN Issues

Something no one mentions-scalp itching post op.

<< < (2/4) > >>

lori67:
Oh yeah, I remember the itchiness!  Fortunately, I had my four year old saying "Mom, no scratching" every time she saw me trying!!  It is a weird feeling that you can feel the itch, but you can't feel yourself scratching the itch!

It did get better though.  In the mean time, I'd be happy to send you my now 5 year old!   ;)
Lori

Charlotte Lady:
Lori-
I'll take your five year old if she can rake leaves :)

4-
I laughed at the thread about the lice.  My friend looked at my scalp and asked why I had white thread coming out of my incision.  Eeeks.  Of course it was dry skin or scab. 

As for the rest of y'all, I have never thought about what was done to my poor brain.  I never even really thought about them shoving my brain around during a suboccipital craniotomy.  Eeewwww.  Oh and clamps!?!?!?!

Donna

Patti:
just to let you know-i am 7 years post-op and still get extremely itchy on my numb parts-especially at night when i am tired.  you get used to it.  patti

Static:
I am almost 4 years out and I get the itchies on my head all the time all around the incision area!  I always tell my daughter that I have cooties!
~Karen

Catflower:

--- Quote from: Patti on November 12, 2007, 08:30:48 am ---just to let you know-i am 7 years post-op and still get extremely itchy on my numb parts-especially at night when i am tired.  you get used to it.  patti

--- End quote ---

Are you saying that after 7 years your scalp is still numb?  I was hoping that was going to get better.

Linda in WV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version