Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

If you survive 4 Years of W&W are you home free?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ANSydney:
Citiview, I concur with the figures. With regards to growth following the fourth year, this paper has it as "very rare" https://www.bhtinformatie.nl/pdf/ingrijpen.pdf

Citiview:
I think the most prudent thing for anyone to do is just monitor the progress of their own tumor and see what actually happens, then make decisions based on that.

It's good to support people in watch and wait, but also good to support people in their decision to treat with either surgery or radiation --- whatever they want.

ANSydney:

--- Quote from: Cityview on January 25, 2018, 03:39:03 pm ---I think the most prudent thing for anyone to do is just monitor the progress of their own tumor and see what actually happens, then make decisions based on that.

--- End quote ---

Cityview, I think that's the best sentence I've read on the forum.

Carolgre:
Although I have a CPA meningioma, not an acoustic neuroma, I went four years in wait and watch (and even skipped an MRI one year because I was so sure that nothing had changed). Well, the MRI after that showed that the little bugger was starting to grow slightly, but definitely getting bigger. I went for a consultation with a new neurosurgeon who recommended radiation treatment while it was still safe to do so. She said I could wait but that if the tumor became much bigger, the radiation option would no longer be available to me. In answer to your question, being on watch and watch for four years does not mean that your tumor will not start growing at any time.

JLR:
I agree with Carol.  I was on WW for many years.  After 10 years it grew. Had CK which I though was successful. After an additional 6 years I had surgery. My facial nerve apparently compromised and I have been faced with eye problems and facial paralysis.  I should have had the surgery instead of the CK. Coulda woulda shoulda. Yes it does not stop growing after 5 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version