General Category > AN Issues

Pissed off !

(1/5) > >>

satman:
Please execuse my language,i have put 17 yrs in playing[learning]guitar.
granted,i could not play when i was a month post,now i'm 3 months,
 and it does'nt seem to be getting any better.
is the 17 years i took to learn all wasted ?
do i have to start all over again ?
will i ever be able to pick up where i left off ?
i'm so upset,evey time i turn around it something else, and all
from something i never heard of before[Acoustic nueroma],KISS MY _ _ _ , Im truly sorry everybody,
 Again,i did'nt mean to vent,just kinda happened.I have the utmost respect for this forum,and the caring
people on it.

Joef:
it will come back ... but it wont be quick or easy ... :(

your "hands" will have to "re-learn" .... (it did take a while for my typing skills, to come back right) ... I type (program PC;s) 8 hours a day...

it wont take 17 years.. because you mind still knows how to play! .. and learning is never wasted!

nancyann:
I know how you feel John.  I play the piano (only an amateur, but still), & it has been real difficult getting back in the swing.  At first the dizziness I had from looking from music to keys was unbelievable.   Little by little it got better, but over 1 year out & I'm still not where I was.  I think that's been bumming me out quite a bit.   If you don't have to do too much head turning/moving it'll get better.  I'm starting to forget some of the classical pieces I had memorized....  Good luck, Nancy

Jim Scott:
John:

Venting is allowed.  You have good reason to be upset. 

Remember, you had a tumor growing inside your skull and it likely disturbed some important nerves.  You underwent major, invasive surgery to remove it.   Few (if any) come back from that experience exactly the same, no matter how good the overall recovery. 

I'm certain your guitar-playing skills will return, but not by magic.  You'll have to work at it, as you probably are.    Keep it up and don't despair.  You'll get better at everything, eventually.  Use your frustration as a motivation to 'get back'.  I did, and it really helped.  I'm fine now but it took more than a few months to get here. That's the harsh reality we all have to deal with - and no one is exempt.   You'll be O.K....but you'll be frustrated if you expect miracles.  It's a long process (healing) and if you're impatient, that just makes it harder.  Try to take it one day at a time.  They'll add up fast.  You'll be playing riffs again before you know it.   :)

Jim

Sam Rush:
Why do bad things happen to good people??     Age old question...... no answer.     I can no longer play or listen to my family play piano because of  my tinnitus. Too bad.

As I said on a previous post... there are 12,000 worse things we could have had and will have.

Get over it for your own sanity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version