General Category > AN Issues

Earplugs and earaches

(1/2) > >>

mema:
Has anyone had this problem or a solution.  I'm SSD and if I ride my bike the wind sounds seems to effect my good ear with clicking and whoosing sounds for days later.  When I try earplugs I then get a slight earache in my good ear.  I've tried headsets without the music and it doesn't keep much of the wind sounds out.  Any suggestions?                                                                                                 

mema

Rc Moser:
Try Howard Leight MAX-1/MAX30 Preshaped foam earplugs, made by HOWARD LEIGHT INDUSTRIES, LLC (do search on the net).  They are orange color and real soft Carry the highest NRR rating of 33 and a SNR rating of 37.  Don't get the ones with the strings. I found that the string inside the foamy earplug causes my ear to hurt.  I have to were ear plug 17 hours a day. Beings I only need one :-\ they last twice as long :o.  They will wash nicely in the washing machine. Makes them softer for a while.

Battyp:
Why do you wear them for 17 hours a day?

Mema have you tried the clear silicone ear plugs? They plug the outer ear and do not go into the ear canal. Maybe that will help. It would be like putting on ear blinders...the wind can glide over.

Rc Moser:
NOISE sometimes gives me migraine's or starts the migaine process, I work industral area saturated with noises, by the end of the day I'm wornout and usually have headaches majority of the time. Even the drive home from work makes my ear buzz so I have to were an ear plug ( I only have to drive 10 miles) by the time I get home it roaring.  anything I do at home I were the plug. Any sharp noise is agrevating. Taking a shower, dishes and silverware being put up or in the dishwasher. TV commericals (low of course), Dog barking. Riding in the car over 40 MPH. If its noise I can't stand it. Can't listen to the car radio over 3 bars, at highway speed you can't hear it on three bars. I buy ear plugs by the box fulls. I've tried alot of different ear plugs MAX's are the best IMO.

Crazycat:
My deaf ear whistles, hisses and roars incessantly. My latest "nuance" of abnormality is the tickling sensation of something crawling around my ear canal. It feels like one of those things in "The Wrath Of Kahn" episode of Star Trek when Kahn put those weird sand worms in the head of Checkov and his companion to control their minds. They entered the body through the ear canal and wrapped themselves around the cerebral cortex.
  Lately I find that I'm continually sticking my finger into my dead ear in a vain attempt to scratch an itch that I can't reach. I hope the damned thing isn't growing back! MRI time is coming up.

THIS IS NOT SETI ALPHA 5 !!!!!!!!

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version