Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

1 Week until my Gamme Knife ...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sue:
Scottie, Scottie, Scottie what am I going to do with you?  Auntie Sue says to just go with the flow, dude. You are in the hands of the professionals and they try not to hurt you and they certainly don't want you to freak out whilst they are doing their thing...so trust in the meds, Luke!  Let the Force be with you and it will be okay.  You gotta do a Zen kind of thing, I guess.  When this is all over with you are going to be feeling pretty silly, my friend, that you worried about this so much. 

Did you ever find out about the steroids and if they will give you that after your GK?  That's my only concern for you is that you will have some sleepless nights and that can get really, really irksome.

Besides, this experience will make your chapter of the book all the more interesting, right?  Look at this as more matierial for your best seller!

Hey, the pirates will all put their socks on for ya. 

Cheering you on in Vancouver,

Auntie Sue

msuscottie:
You're crazy Sue, but I like it   :)

They couldn't tell me much about the steroids, only that I would get a dose along with the procedure and then they'd have to see where were were from there. I'm just going to assume the worst and plan on my next night of sleep being somewhere near Thanksgiving   ;D

Sue:
Nah, Labor Day!! :D

Ask 'em if you can do any sleeping pills. Who knows, maybe they won't bother you that way...but it's a real common side effect....and it's really, really, really....hard to manage on 2 hours of sleep a night.  Really.

I was thinking about you Scottie when I went on my walk today.  I thought...that kid has had a portion of his skull removed, TWICE, and had somebody digging around inside his head, TWICE, and gone through recovery of MICROSURGERY, TWICE and he's worried about 4 little teeny tiny pins poking him?

Oh, that's okay, sweetie. Believe me, if they ever tell me that my GK didn't take and they were going to have to be doing to me what they did to you just the one time...I'd be screaming my head off! No pun intended.  ;)

Sleep well.  Keep the good thoughts.

Sue in Vancouver

msuscottie:
It just doesn't seem fair, does it?   ???

Betsy:
Well Scott, I'll tell you what my sister told me when the docs were putting me through a gauntlet of heart tests before they decided to look in my head.  I was freaking out too, and she told me to approach it like a reporter gathering information for a story.  She had an ulterior motive...she works for a hospital scheduling the exact tests I was taking, and she wanted first-hand information to tell her patients.  Regardless, it worked for me and I was able to keep my freakoutedness in check when they were shooting me up with ice-cold radioactive solution.

When it's over, you'll have a whole new set of experiences to share with future ANers who haven't been diagnosed yet.  I look forward to your post-GK messages.

I'll be thinking of you on the 17th...that's the same day I'm meeting with the docs who will be zapping my AN.

Betsy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version