Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Pupils

(1/1)

dianneh1:
Has any one had a problem with the size of their pupil on their AN side?
I was at the eye doctor and he said before surgery my pupils were the same size but now they are not and it is effecting my vision
He thinks that  this could be from surgery, something may have hurt my optical nerve.

I was not aware that this could be a side effect
I put a call into my Neurosugren but he has not called back yet

Thanks
Dianne

Windsong:
Dianne, your question reminded me that when I had a bad viral attack (so they said) that knocked me down and badly affected my vestibular system (turned out to be my An side once the An was discovered some time later ),I noticed while still at the hospital that my pupils were smaller and the An side seemed different but they returned to normal later....interesting question you have here.....maybe others will chime in.
W.

HeadCase2:
dianne,
  According to this site http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/cranial.html  pupil size is controlled by the III cranial nerve, rather than the optic nerve.  It may be worth asking your doctors if there was any involvement of the III cranial nerve, or if swelling or any other affect could be affecting pupil sizes to be different on each side.
Regards,
 Rob

matti:
Dianne - When the opthamologist dilates my pupils during an exam, it takes my AN side pupil almost 4 days to return to normal, as opposed to the other side which takes a few hours. He started giving me a quarter percent  of the normal dosage, but I still have the same problem.  Since surgery I can't drive at night because my AN eye dilates so much that it literally shuts down.

Rob - thanks for the link

Cheryl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version