Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Incessant eye twitch

(1/2) > >>

Sefra22:
I am about one month post GK, and have had a powerful, irrritating, pulsing/twitching sensation in my right eye for two weeks. I would say it happens at least once a hour, and lasts 1-3 minutes.  I am wondering if it could be a post treatment reaction, or caused by the AN itself, or maybe not related at all. Has this happened to anyone else?
Lisa

ppearl214:
Hi Lisa,

There may be a minute chance your trigeminal nerve in your face took a slight dose of radiation during the GK treatment (not unusual as surrounding critical structures may be slightly affected during any radio-treatment).

Personally, I would inform Noren's office of this situation so they are aware of what is going on and they may be able to advise you of remedies to help minimize this affect... just a thought.

Hang in there... and I'll take your eye twitching as you flirting with the men on this website ;)

Phyl

Dealy:
I am 10 months post FSR and my right eye will twitch once in awhile-this is side of AN. However left side will twitch like crazy even if I pull my hair back.I keep on thinking this is related to the AN but my wife gets the same thing when her eyes are tired. So go figure. Whole side of my right face is numb so I know that nerve has some major damage-but why the left. Place where I had radiation apparently thinks there is no connection. I am over a week on Celebrex-Anti-Inflammation for swelling. Let us know what Noren says. Thanks-Ron

targa72e:
google eye lide twitch and facial nerve. Summary: lower lid: tired,  caffeine. Both sides cause unknown. Upper lid could be facial nerve irritation.
 I have had right side eye lid upper (an side) twitching for a while never on left. Started one week before sudden hearing change and has reoccurred about 2 weeks after finishing steroid course that fixed hearing. I am just under 2 year wait and watch

john.

nancyann:
You know,  I never put the 2 together pre op & never even told my doc when he asked about symptoms, but I was getting eye twitches more & more frequently pre op - I thought it was just because I was overly tired !!!  DUH !! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version