Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

sunglasses

(1/3) > >>

Karen:
I have no feeling in my eye, plus a platenum weight.  I was wondering what other people are using for sunglasses.  I wear glasses so wraparound sunglasses which is what I would like are out.  Does anyone no where I can get prescription ones that have foam to keep out the wind and dirt?  Some that look kind of stylish!!!  I also have had the 12/7 jump and it has helped me a lot.  I also have been to Wisconsin for facial retraining with Jackie Diels.  Karen

Boppie:
Karen, a year ago I had a pair of prescription ones made up that wrapped around like skiers wear, and that was in style.  Maybe the styles for this year are square, but they still sell ski styles with wrap around temples. 

Look in small optical stores where you get personalized services.  They're not cheap, though and the nose bridge fittings and temple length pieces are not individualized like regular glasses.

One company makes sunglasses that you can wear over prescription frames...not for petite faces.

If you could get along outdoors without correction, Walgreens has a large selection of fairly nice looking wrap arounds. 

nancyann:
Hi Karen:  I've read someone had posted here about a brand called Panoptx (I know the Harley Davidson store sell them ) that have the foam inside -
              I've gone to the website & they look good, cost about  $190.00 (they also have some on sale), & can do prescrition lenses for you.
              Give the site a check - I haven't gotten to the Harley Davidson store yet, so I don't know how many styles they carry.
              Panoptx site will also let you know what stores in your neighborhood sell them.
              Yesterday I was at a large shopping mall -type place & happened to walk into a sunglass store that had a pair for about $13.00 but when I tried them on
              the rubber they used around the frames didn't completely mold to my skin - I didn't get them because I figured the wind could get thru them.
              Well, you get what you pay for...    It seems other brands seem to be getting on the ball & adding rubber or foam to frames to protect from wind;
              geuss we've got to shop around.
Best wishes Karen,   Nancy

maarten:
Yep, I agree, the Panoptx sunglasses are awesome.

They are on www.panoptx.com and start at about $115 i think. Some models are more expensive, around $190. The glasses with the foam inside are amazing. They were designed for people riding motorcycles and protect the entire eye from drying out. They're really comfortable, and look very good!

Denise:
Karen prior to my AN surgery I owned my own motorcycle. The glasses NancyAnn is referring to are really great.  I loved them when I rode.  My were a different brand, but the same concept. After my surgery before I got prescription glasses I used them when I was out side and again they were really useful.  I wish I still had them, I'd send them to you. I gave them to the guy who bought my bike.
Denise

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version