Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

anyone experience fatigue

(1/2) > >>

gordy:
had gamma knife july 13 and i felt fine. this past wek all of a sudden im beat and very tired. this from the radiation maybe or not? would it have a delayed reaction?

Betsy:
Hi Gordy,

My radiation doc said that fatigue is quite common, and that it could show up days or months later.  My treatment was only three days ago and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

ZZZzzz....

Betsy

gordy:
thanks for the reply betsy. i was fine after the weekend of my gamma knife. just find it odd now but i guess our brains are complex machines.

Dana:
Gordy,
My fatigue hit 5-6 days after GK procedure.  I figure the previous days I was "pumped" by the steroids I was on.  I was slightly queasy for several weeks, and somewhat more fatigued than usual for the same several weeks.  But now, 5 weeks out, the queasiness and fatigue are gone.  I do seem to be having a little hair loss -- not so anyone would notice, just more hair end up on my comb than before.  Luckily I have thickish hair to begin with! 

It's interesting and a little disconcerting to know that post-GK symptoms can show up anytime after the procedure, but I guess that's the way it is, and, for me at least, it's better than recovering from microsurgery.

Hopefully your life and schedule allows you to just sleep more!
Take care,
Dana

Sue:
Hi Gordy,

I think all AN patients experience fatigue.  It's hard on the system to undergo radiation or microsurgery. plus the whole balance nerve working the brain overtime thing.  My doctor said, "Well, you took quite a shot."  I didn't think I was really having much fatigue problems and even said so somewhere on this board...but then I got to thinking about it....and I do get tired much more easily now.  I don't work out side the home anymore, so I can sleep in if I want, which I do.  Today I didn't get out of bed til nearly 10 a.m.!  But I tend to stay up to midnight or later, often reading a book....still I usually end up sleeping 9 hours or more a night.  I doubt I could work a regular job anymore - comfortably anyway.

Hopefully all of our fatigue problems will get better with time.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version