Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Fatigue and eye swelling after Novalis Radation treatment

(1/2) > >>

crystallady:
I finally had radio surgery on 5/22.  The day after I felt great, the second day I was very fatigued and had very swollen eyes because of the halo.  So far I havent had any ringing, hearing loss, short term memory loss, headaches, or any other side effects.  Do other side effects show up as time go on?

Cindy

ceeceek:
It appears to be the general norm to have any affects, if you are going to have them around the 6 months time frame after treatement....the head frame I can sympothize with...I had surgery itself, and one of the worst parts was where they put the markers and the head frame..I will be following up with CK and looking forward to no head frame......I still have lumps on my head and my surgery was April 19th.....
If you experience, ringing, headaches, dizziness, extreme fatigue etc. you will likely have those effects as the tumor begins to die...around 6 mos....make sure to keep your Dr informed as common treatment is steroids..which judging by the board seem to be pretty effective at eleviation any effects...many people have no effects so keep your fingers crossed.
Ceecee

ppearl214:
Hey Cindy... I hope you are holding up ok.... since you just had your treatment, you may notice things occuring for the (approx) first 6 mos.  Yes, fatigue is part of any AN treatment (and having brain tumors)..... I cannot comment as to the swollen eyes as I had Cyberknife, thus, no headframe.

You may (again, using the word "may") experience enhanced fatigue, dizziness, enhanced tinnitus, balance issues, etc.  For those of us that had radio-treatment, these seem to be common denominators of our treatments.  For me, I found that after the first 6 mos, many of these diminished or all together, disappeared.

Please listen to your body if it talks and wants rest.  You are not even 1 wk post treatment, so listen to it as it will take care of you if you do.

Hang in there... and welcome to being a "postie" :)

Phyl

crystallady:
6 months of this!  I have to go back to work!  I had a meningioma, 4 cm, removed in January and lost my left side, fought to get it back then got huge blood clots in both my legs.  I had to start all over again with walking. I am on blood thinners still and will be for several months.  I dont have much left in me to deal with feeling so fatigued, running into walls, mild confusion, etc for 6 months!   ???   I could lose my job if this lasts that long.  I have already been out of work for 4 months.  I guess i have to accept that this is a life altering thing to have/had brain tumors and my life will never be the same.  Cant do half the stuff I use to do.   :'(

ceeceek:
Hang in there..so far, you said your symptoms were basically fatigue....so up your vitamins...drink plenty of fluid....lay of heavy duty excercise but I might suggest a light trainng such as Curves....excercise does help with fatigue believe it or not..and try not to panic....I have strenous job and feel for you...with the whole tired issue..going back to work after actual brain surgery week 5......get tired easy, but oh well..sleep when I die.....I have found that a light excercise routine has helped....and lots and lots and lots of water.....plain old everyday water.......on top of everything else I drink...
hang in there keep us posted..you are past the bad part and on to the cure .....
Ceecee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version