Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

neurosurgeon?

<< < (2/2)

Sue:
Yes, it does take a village.  Nothing makes you feel special like having all these high powered doctors and nurses on your "Team AN".  My neurologist referred me to the neurosurgeon who referred me to the other neurorsurgeon who went over my treatment options and recommended GK and then he is one of the doctors who works his magic with the staff from Gamma Knife Center of Oregon which includes Dr. Seung, medical director of the center, and Dr. Bader (my dr.)a radiation oncologist who set up the radiosurgery program at Providence.  And then the star of the show for me was Ms Ryan, nurse coordinator who is the "patient handler".  it's quite an interesting experience.  Too bad I was in LaLa Land most of the time.  Then you realize how high powered they really are when you see their bill! Yikes.

Sue in Vancouver USA

NF-2er:
Hi;

At the facility I attend, the nuerosurgeon who reviews my MRIs and would do surgery, also is the GK dept. director.
   Best wishes!

NF-2er

--- Quote from: gordy on June 26, 2007, 04:33:35 pm ---just wondering if people that have had gamma knife surgery if a neurosurgeon was used in the process. thanks.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version