Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

CONFUSED.....

<< < (3/3)

kchaffee:
I am also 28. Diagnosed 9-11-18. Surgery has been the path we are taking. Mine is 33mm. It has caused me to loose my hearing pretty much completely on my right side. I also have partial facial numbness on my right side, Tinnitus, balance issues, headaches. It has been determined, due to the size, that I've most likely been battling with this for close to 10 years. Since my symptoms have gotten increasingly worse, we are wanting to get it out asap. My surgery date is set for November 13th. Radiation was not an option to either of my surgeons. They explained that it is only suggested for people that are a lot older and due to the size, the radiation would just make my tumor swell and it's already pressing on a lot of very important functions and nerves. Being so yokung, the chances of a successful surgery are much higher. I hope you are able to make a decision that is best for you! Good luck!

Cscarter:
I can understand your anguish to a certain degree. My husband was diagnosed with a vestibular schwannoma two weeks ago. His measures in the medium rage: 2.3cm x 2.2cm x 2.0. We have done extensive research and found that due to his age (63) that radiation is probably the best option for him. We are now trying to decide which type of radiation; Gamma Knife or fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery. He has lost all his hearing in the affected ear, so our concern is preservation of the facial nerve. Best of luck to you in your search and your decision for what is best for you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version