General Category > Inquiries

unilateral tinnitus only

<< < (3/3)

Devyn:
Whatever I think it could be it's on the wrong side (my tinnitus is in left ear only, this "thing" is on the right). I would say it's not big and more like a bit of asymmetry and a brighter spot than the surrounding area. It's certainly in the location where one might find an AN. It's fascinating to see my brain. :)

ANSydney:
If you are looking at your MRI, anomalies on the right-side of the image are for the left-side of the body
If you got your information from a radiologist, they know these sort of things :)

alabamajane:
Devyn I hope your radiologist report and/or Dr visit tells you that you don’t have an AN!

For most of us It’s usually best to get those reports before looking at the MRI since we aren’t generally educated enough in radiology to understand what we are looking at and therefore will most likely interpret it wrong. Why cause yourself extra angst ?  :-\

Let us know when you get your results,,,
Jane

ANSydney:
Devyn, I agree that radiologists are the the ones to rely on when first interpreting an MRI. After all, it's all new to you.

Initially, the MRIs are a confusing black and white image, but as you said its fascinating to see your brain. With time the structures in your head will make more sense.

I encourage everyone to look at their tumor and take measurements. If it contradicts with the radiologists size, figure out why. Eventually you'll be able to make a measurement that's reliable.

I've now had three MRIs, all done at the same place. Unfortunately it has been two radiologist that have done the reports. The first radiologist got my dimensions totally wrong! The second radiologist, who reported on the last two MRIs got the dimensions right. Had I not taken the time to measure things myself I'd have the wrong figures.

I now get my MRI CDs straight after my MRI and do the measurements. When I see the reports one to two weeks later I already know the size; I'm just checking that the radiologist reported it right.

Taking the time to look at your MRIs and learning about vestibular schwannoma will improve your management of this disease.

Looking at your MRI wont turn you into a pillar of salt!

Devyn:
TBH, I'm not terribly worried. I'm anticipating that my tinnitus and balance problems will have no known cause. :)

I love to research all manner of things so not looking at my MRI images but not possible. I just can't help myself. lol

Looking a little more into what I see on my scans and what I found online, I've found a nearly identical match for that "Something". An arachnoid cyst. If that is what it is I would think it's an incidental finding as it's on my right side (left side of image) and my tinnitus is only in my left ear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version