Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

GK Consultation

<< < (2/2)

Sefra22:
Mark: I would definitely consider CK if there was a place closer to home where I could get the treatment. Since I have to go to Boston or Providence for GK or CK, I chose the option where I can have it done in one session for convenience and to keep expenses down.

Sue and Macintosh: I have to spend the first night after treatment in the hospital, you both got to go right home?

Mark:
Sefra,

I'm sure you will do fine having GK treatment with Dr. Noren. There is certainly no reason to incur significant cost or inconvenience pursuing a CK machine as I'm sure the outcome will be excellent with GK. My only point in posting was to comment on Dr. Noren's reference to fractionating treatment with GK. As several folks have posted, there are a range of opinions on the GK head frame ranging from unpleasant to "no big deal". To my knowledge, nobody who has had GK in this forum went through an FSR protocol and I think there would be a big difference wearing a frame for 24-48 hours ( how would one sleep with it on?). So as long as you're comfortable with the one dose protocol, the GK will give a great outcome.

Best wishes,

Mark

macintosh:

Sefra--

I literally walked out of the hospital about fifteen minutes after I got off the table. I guess different places have different levels of risk management.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version