Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Mary's 6-month MRI Today

(1/3) > >>

marystro:
Hi all,

Been so busy lately - work, travel, kids, etc...

Just had my 6-month MRI this morning.  Audiogram tomorrow.  Then I will be sending the results to Stanford.

Thought I will give you all an update so far.  Just louder tinnitus and very mild sensation on my tongue.  Must be the swelling.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Will let you all know when I get the review from Stanford.

Missed talking to some of you but still checking the forum...

Mary

flier58:
Hi Mary,
Good to hear from you and knowng that it is just a busy life keeping you from posting.  Many of us will look for you MRI results knowing that it is only 6mos post CK - it may show nothing.....  But maybe a little darkening in the center.....  just to feel us goood?????? ;D :) :D
Flier58

ppearl214:
Mary-Mary... whatcha' doin'? ;)

Hun, you and I... right on target!  My hearing test this Friday, MRI on Monday and immediately meet with the BI CK team (and if they pull in the cutie-patooties from Harvard Med again, well... *blush*)

Can't wait for your updates!!!!!!!!!!!! 

xo
Phyl

BevM:
Hi Mary:  I've been wondering about how you are doing.  I am about 1 month behind you in the process so really interested in what you find out.  I will have my 6 mo MRI in April. 

Really cheering you on!!!

B ev

marystro:
Hi everyone,

I had MRI yesterday and audio test today.  Just got the CD and reports.  Thought some of you may be interested in the results:

MRI Impression: "Change in character but not size of the left vestibular schwannoma felt to reflect some changes of radiation-induced necrosis"

Hearing: "SRT 35% (6 months ago was 25%)..." + the high frequency (4000-8000) looks pretty bad - so AN ear's hearing is definitely lowered somewhat

I am interpreting this as expected (no change in size, hearing deterioration, in my case, by about 10%) but "necrosis" seems a bit early... hmmmm...

Will be sending the CD and reports to Stanford and am holding off on celebration until I get doctor's official review.

Mary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version