Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Radiation and Necrosis

(1/5) > >>

Dealy:
I was reading through some of the posts today and got too wondering. The people who had Radiation on the site ( whether it be CK-GK-FSR) when did you start to get necrosis of your tumor. I being 6 months out-alll it says is less enhancement. Thought this might to a good topic to post for those who are further along and tumor is dying. Thans for any replies-Ron

Sam:
Hi Ron, though I am just almost 1 month Post-Ops I do think this will be a great topic, so others will see what to and approx. when to expect changes. I have spoke to a few between 1year to 10 years post-ops who said that the major changes took place within the first 6-18 months, and after that it seems to slow a little, but continues for up to 2 years. usually after the 2 year mark the tumor goes into the stage of shrinkage(DIE TUMOR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I guess it depends on the individual, and their physical condition.

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Sam

ppearl214:
Hi Ron and Sam,

Well, for me.... I had my CK the first week of April of 2006.  I had a 6 month MRI and at that time, there was no further growth of the AN (mine was growing at a good clip).  Due to other issues, I had another head MRI at 8 months... at the 8 month MRI (I took a really good look at the films prior to meeting with my radio-oncologist) and he did confirm.... the beginning stages of "tumor death" was commencing.  As you may know, it may take 1-1/2 to 2 yrs for the tumor to die, but the beginning stages were seen on my films at 8 months.  (in looking at the films, you could see the center area of the AN almost "shadowed" - darker, than the outter rim. The Radiologist report confirmed a "rim-enhanced" growth with a darkened center).

It was my early holiday present in December.

Wishing you a VERY quiick tumor death as well!

Phyl

amymeri:
This topic interests me because I have an aquaintence who just got GK and was back to work in a day or two.  I was so jealous.  He has so side effects...nothing.  I had 13 hour surgery and months of recovery.  I will pass along this thread because I am sure he will be interested.

Anyways, you can clearly see on my initial MRI a large wishbone shape inside that doesn't enhance, where my tumor was starting to die pre-surgery.  I wonder if that meant it was done growing??

Amy

David Wrubel:

That's quite a coincidence that you actually know someone personally who also had an AN.

Did you docors have an answer to your question about your tumor growth? At that size, even if it HAD stopped growing, it would have continued to put pressure on your facial nerve and perhaps the facial nerve so that it would have to come out anyway, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version