General Category > AN Issues

New AN Memoir

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dr T:

Happy Mother's Day. In the spirit of Mother's Day, here is a brief excerpt about the fateful May 28, 1985 phone calls to my mom and mother-in-law after being told that I have some kind of brain tumor.

Book is close; editing done, proof & cover art draft on Monday. Also, since my last post, have added a "Fun Facts" page to the website--check it out. I realize it may be difficult for some to use the word fun in conjunction with AN, but with a 30-year look-back things take on a different perspective, and the book is about perseverance and triumph. Thank you: http://www.whitemansdisease.com/blog

ANGuy:
Cityview,

That sign on the hospital means there are people in there a lot worse off than you.  The sign where I go says something about brain cancer center.  Walk through there and see a bald headed kid or two and our problems seem small.

Dr T:
Cityview,

Thanks for your kind words and wishes of good luck. Your synopsis is right on target--diverse background and experiences. I am sure we all have stories to tell. I can't even wrap my head around your comment about getting your MRI off the net and then Googling; I suspect you had your surgery well after 1985! I can relate to your comment about 8 people. That's the number of people I told about my one-sided deafness over 30-year period--and only 2 knew of my AN-related sight loss on one side (my wife at the time, and my current wife.) That's called vanity/self-consciousness.

I am glad you are interested in the book. I will post when it is available for order in a few weeks. Best wishes...Paul

Dr T:
Brief new blog post: "The Event That Inspired White Man's Disease" http://www.whitemansdisease.com/blog

juliarke:
I would be interested in the availability of your book. I had AN removed in 1995, 31 years ago and I still have questions and I have lots of answers and advice. I had to old surgery behind the ear and yes I am on SSDI for several reasons related to post-operative complications. My life has changed drastically over the years, still deteriorating, and I have to find other things to enjoy because I cannot do what I loved.  My church is my safe-haven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version