Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Op no 9 ?

<< < (2/6) > >>

nancyann:
Hi Tony:  Yes, with the temporalis tendon (rather than muscle) transfer, when I bite down the right side of my mouth will move slightly upward for a closed mouth smile.   There was an incredible amount of swelling (I also had the bilateral facelift & browlift to help with symmetry) immediately post op - my mom said she could only make out the tip of my nose because I was sooo swollen.  It remained very swollen for a few days, now little by little the swelling is going down (but still swollen 1 1/2 weeks later).
It hurts really bad to try a bite down still, geuss it will take quite a bit of time.   You're right, no nerve involvement with these procedures.   I have alot of bruising still purple & yellow.  My lips burn on the right side - I didn't even recognize that I had lips on the right side due to the purple color & stitches, but it looks better now, still need to recover.  He attached both upper & lower side of the mouth to the tendon(I think).
So, you have another month & a half till surgery.    I know the tendon transfer is relatively new & there weren't any doctors in my insurance network who perform it yet, so I have to pay 30% out of network, but I plan on talking with Cigna about this(among other things...).
All the best Tony,   Nancy

nancyann:
Hey Tony:  I noticed it's a little over a week until your surgery;   how are you holding up buddy?
Thinking good thoughts for you,  Nancy

tony:
Yes - thanks - and you are right
- sadley Ive had to discontinue the St Johns Wort pre-surgery
- not a helpful substance when surgery is nearby....
(the term "old faithful" comes to mind ?)
Fortunately I have about 50 bottles of vino
in special reserve - for just such occasions
D-Day is a week, monday
Best Regards
Tony

Brendalu:
Good thoughts and prayers are with you Tony, as the count down begins.  The "vino" sounds like just the ticket for such occassions!
I have my pirate sox ready and waiting.
Brenda

jerseygirl:
Tony,

Best of luck with your surgery! Hope everything will work out the way it should!

What does St. John's wort do for you? Did you try anything else for the same condition?

Eve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version