General Category > AN Issues

MRI yesterday cough, cough

(1/1)

mema:
Well have my 18 month MRI yesterday.  Got a tickle in my throat and coughed through part of it.  Because my Dr. ordered MRI of brain and MRI of neck/spine it took a bit longer.  Gave me more time to cough.  Tech seemed annoyed.  Well lets see what Docs think on June 8th.                                                                                                                                                                                             

mema

Palace:
Dear Mema,

I had my first MRI of the brain, last summer.  One week ago, I had the MRI of the neck.  (again, no swallowing)  Yesterday morning, I had the six month after CK, MRI of the brain.  I did finanlly have to swallow.  I have severe sinus problems/allergies.  I tried not to swallow through the whole scan.  This was towards the end after I had the injection when I gently swallowed.  I moved my head about a mm and that was enough that, he/tech had to do that one scan over again.  (only a few minutes extra)  He told me that you can request breaks in-between scans.  (of course when scheduling as, this pushes up the process to about fifteen minutes more time to be booked)  He told me that he used to do 28 MRI's a day.  Now, there are two more machines around here so, he does about 12 a day.  I'm waiting to hear from Stanford.  My neck hurts very much these days.  We shall see what the results are, soon.  Perhaps you can request a "break" appointment the next time or discuss it, with the place you go for your MRI.

Palace

mema:
Palace,                                                                                                                                                                                   

I was surprized to hear you didn''t swallow much during the MRI.  I gulped through the whole thing, except when I was coughing. When I felt the tickle in my throat I hit the button they give you.  I'd cough my head off and the tech would then say "would you like to cough?"   It reminded me of the TV : show House, where the Docs are Talking amongst themselves and not paying attention to the patient until they go into cardiac arrest.LOL.  I've been tp this facility many, many times but this time it was a different tech.  Hope your MRI comes out OK as I hope so does mine.                                                                                                                                       

mema

Battyp:
Not that you can do this in an MRI tube but..I just read if you have a tickle in your throat to rub your ear on the same side you feel the tickle.  I have throat problems since my an surgery and am finding when I start that spastic couging due to the tickle it does help.  Could just be a mind over matter thing but it's like scratching the spot that tickles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version