General Category > AN Issues

Dizziness and Deaf issues...

(1/1)

Sue:
Thursday morning I woke up and the world was spinning!  My first bout with vertigo (except for the "walking on the soft sand" business of last Sept.)  I stayed up too late and was going to get up early and I've done this lots of times before with no consequences, but this time....whoopsy daisy!  So, I canceled my morning plans and went back to sleep. After 3 more hours of sleep, I was fine.  So....lesson learned.  NEED SLEEP.  Weird how that brings it on.  I wonder why.  Like I said, first time that's happened to me. 

Gosh darn sensitive AN junk, anyway.

Also I had two recent "Deaf" experiences that kind of bothered me, I guess you'd say.  I was standing in line at Trader Joe's concentrating on the chocolate bars at the checkout and it was a busy noisy day there and apparently the checker on my left AN side said he'd take me in his line, and I didn't hear him. All I know is that he tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention, with that look of "hey lady, I've been talking to you..".  My first thought was "Oh crud, I didn't even hear him!". And then that happened at our regular big grocery store at the Deli.  It's noisy there, with fans humming and I was looking at the selections and when I looked up, these two ladies were looking at me with that same expression - the "Yoohoo, we're talking to YOU, SISTER, WAKE UP!" look.  I was immediately embarrased for some reason and I muttered an apology and told them I couldn't hear very well in one ear. Then they were nice to me.  But...I guess I've been thinking that this ( hearing impairment on one side) was not that big of a problem or something and then to really not hear them kind of set me back on my heels.  I forget about it sometimes and then it was like I got "caught". 

So...that's all. 

Hope you are all having a great Holiday weekend....remembering our loved ones who are no longer with us on Memorial Day...but also enjoying your family and doing fun things on this 3-day weekend.  (We are working in the yard and on our Yard/Garage sale coming up in June!)

Cheers,

Sue in Vancouver USA

Pembo:
Sue, I hate being "caught" as well by that person tapping on your shoulder or looking at you that way!  However I feel more confident ignoring those people in the mall hawking their stuff or taking surveys. ;)

I had dizziness pre-op and it was always worse when I was tired!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version