General Category > AN Issues

MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER!

<< < (3/3)

Willbur:
54 is a little up there. I would watch and wait since it is so small.

Sheba:

last year I decided to have a 1.4cm AN removed, rather than wait and watch.  It seems like results of surgery are better when the tumors are not too big.  I am 54.  My decision was also influenced by feeling my insurance is good now, and I don't know how it might be down the road;  and same for my overall health.  I have no regrets, went to Dr F @ Keck and had great outcome.   

many people are able to W&W for long time, many tumors are not actively growing when discovered.  but it sounds like yours is growing based on the two MRIs in last few years. 

middle fossa, especially w/ the docs at keck or house, has very good stats for saving hearing at its current level, but it's not a guarantee.  if you w&w you can also continue losing hearing.

I had hoped they could save my hearing (retrosig surgery) but I did lose it.  In busy places, it can be a challenge but most of the time, I just sit or stand where my good ear is getting the sound.  I may go for a hearing aid (BAHA / Oticon), will decide that later this year.

Tobeycat1134:
Thank you Sheba.  I have scheduled my surgery with Dr. Slattery and Dr. Schwartz at House for June 22nd.  Why did they choose to do retrosig instead of middle fossa.  Just curious.  Willbur, I remember at 30 thinking 52 was a little up there; it's not the same when you are 52 though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version