General Category > AN Issues

Drippy nose anyone?

(1/6) > >>

anissa:
I have had a drippy nose for several years now and I have no idea what to blame that on.  Now that I have something "officially" wrong with me I have to wonder if the drippy nose has anything to do with the AN.  It could just be some kind of a sinus issue but wouldn't they have seen that on the MRI?  Like a blocked sinus in my forehead or something?  Anyway, I say it is drippy because it just drips out and not something I can sniffle back, know what I mean?  After I met with the neurotologist they asked me to collect a sample to test it for CSF but it luckily came back negative.  Anyone?

msmaggie:
Hi Anissa,
If it came back negative, then you are okay.  If it was a CSF leak, it would leak out only on one side, and mostly when you were bent over.  Can't say I know what you are dealing with, though!

Priscilla

HeadCase2:
anissa,
  Is the drippy nose only on one side, the AN side?  If so, it's possible that it could be due to the AN compromising the facial nerve.  Some patients on the forum have reported various facial post treatment affects.  I stil have some slight facial nerve effects.  Whenever I eat flavorful food, my AN side eye will tear up and my AN side nostril will get a bit drippy.  The explaination has been that when the facial nerve is damaged and repairs itself, some of the nerve connections can become cross-connected.
 If your nose gets drippy on both sides, then my guess would be that the AN is not involved.
Regards,
  Rob

Pooter:
Dunno if this is AN-related or not, but in the year leading up to diagnosis/surgery, I had 4 or so sinus infections.  Since surgery, I haven't had so much of a stopped up nose.

Regards,
Brian

lori67:
Could it be allergies?  My nose runs constantly depending on what's in bloom outside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version