AN Community > AN Community

New to the Discussion Forum

(1/4) > >>

Quailruner:
Hello to everyone,
I know there is a lot of information on this site. Overwhelming at sometimes; but it is great to have this info at your fingertips. I have a 1.2 AN as of Oct. 06. I have been playing the waiting game and monitored it for about a year. It has grown about .4 in since Oct. of 05. I was seriously thing about surgery, but now I am getting chicken, and opting towards radiation treatments. I am dealing with Dr. Syms at Barrows in Phoenix. I am still undecided, but I do not want to wait any longer to see that “thing� grow anymore.

Mixed feeling I guess.

Battyp:
Hi and welcome!
Suzanne had treatment at barrows.  I'm sure she'll be along shortly to comment :o)
What symtpoms are you having?  Do you still have hearing on your an side?

Please know we're all here to help you by giving advice ( you can take it or leave it  ;) and listening to your concerns and sharing our experiences and sometimes providing comic relief as this is a stressful time!  Just know you are among friends even though we've never actually met face to face  ;D

Sue:
Hello and welcome to our club!

There are many people on here who have had radiation as their treatment of choice. I had Gamma Knife.  So far, so good, but it's only been since last April 18 when I had my treatment.  I hope you find answers to your questions here. I'm sure you will. This is a great group of people.

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Quailruner:

--- Quote from: battyprincess on October 30, 2006, 09:42:49 pm ---Hi and welcome!
Suzanne had treatment at barrows.  I'm sure she'll be along shortly to comment :o)
What symtpoms are you having?  Do you still have hearing on your an side?

Please know we're all here to help you by giving advice ( you can take it or leave it  ;) and listening to your concerns and sharing our experiences and sometimes providing comic relief as this is a stressful time!  Just know you are among friends even though we've never actually met face to face  ;D

--- End quote ---

"What symtpoms are you having?"
I have that nice ring on my AN side, and sometimes clicking. A couple of bad Vertigo episodes this year.

"Do you still have hearing on your an side?"
Yes,   I still have hearing except high freq around 80 to 90% depending on the day. But I have lost about 15 dB Hi Freq side in the past year.
I am leaning towards the radation treatment, seeing I still have most of my hearing. But the yo yo side in me tells me to Kung Pow  that thing out of my head.

Thanks for your support.

Patti UT:
Quailrunner,

So sorry you have a need to be on the AN  forum, but welcome. The folks here are so helpful and compassionate. You say the AN is 1.2,  is that mm or cm. If it's mm the watch and wait seems best. But i'm guessing it is cm or you wouldn't be considering surgery. Certainly weigh out all your options. You can find great info here on all types of treatments. Do you homework. the research is a scary process, but you need to now all your options.
Good luck
Patti UT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version