Post-Treatment > Headaches

Randomly found headache relief and wanted to share

<< < (2/2)

gunns:

--- Quote from: jimh on April 26, 2017, 02:38:53 pm ---Just found this forum! I am now at just over 10 months post-op for retrosig removal of AN, ~3cm. I am SO interested in the Allegra-D results you have had.

My doctor has put me on Indomethacin (Indocin) a NSAID that some people take long-term for arthritis. I take 50mg 3x daily, basically every 8 hours, with food. If I am very late or miss a dose of this the headache is still incredibly bad! I have described it as an ever-present headache that needs the anti-inflam. meds to quiet down. This works for me, but barely, and I am totally reliant on the Indocin. It's also depressing since the dr. keeps telling me it will get better over time and it hasn't. I also find that caffeine helps with this as well.

I might try the Allegra-D, but I can't imagine dealing with these headaches without the Indocin right now.

--- End quote ---

Just had a retro sig July 25th.  After surgery I had the standard headaches.  They are daily and they come and go lasting a few hours.  I was a coffee drinker prior to surgery, several cups a day.  The thought drinking a cup of coffee now turns my stoamch.  The thing in your post that I find interesting is that you said that it, coffee, helps with your headaches.  Do you know why?  Have you discussed this with your doctor?  I assume it's the caffeine but.......?

Citiview:
Gunns

While the headaches are most likely related to the surgery, one thing to consider:

Is it possible that you might be having caffeine withdrawal headaches? Caffeine is addictive and by suddenly not having it one can get headaches. I don't get headaches, but I do drink a lot of coffee. I would hate to think of what might happen if I stopped drinking coffee.

After one of my non AN related surgeries my nurse told me I was probably avoiding headaches by keeping up with my usual caffeine intake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version