Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Trying to make the right decision...

<< < (2/2)

notaclone13:
Hi Exershelly,
Thanks for the update. It sounds like everything went very well and I hope you have the best possible outcome.  Did you have the head frame or did they use the new Icon that only requires the mask? Please continue to post your progress as it is always good to hear the experiences of members following treatment.
M.A.

exershelly:
I’m 6 months post gamma-knife and had my follow up MRI which showed some changes.  I also followed up with my ENT and had a hearing test which showed my hearing to be a little worse on my right AN side.  The audiologist had me try an Oticon hearing aid on the right side and it definitely improved my ability to hear better.   Wanted to get some input as to those that have tried hearing devices and what has seemed to work.  I have about 60 percent loss on the right side.  I can hear noises but can’t hear conversations on that side.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

gary.s:
Hi exershelly,

I had Cyber Knife 10 months ago and do not have much functional hearing remaining on my AN side. My audiologist set me up with the Phonak Audeo B hearing aid and the Phonak Cros B for my right AN side. The Cros B is essentially a microphone that wirelessly transfers sound to the Audeo B hearing aid. My word recognition is only about 20% presently, and if using a hearing aid in the AN side, it would just amplify the jibberish. The Cros has been wonderful, I can hear someone talking on my right side for the first time in several years. It has made conversations so much better, and easier for me to be involved. There are several devices out there, this is the one that works for me. Best of luck.

Gary

bfoley:
Exershelly - Can you give me an update on how things are going for you?  I had GK at Mayo in July 2019 and am wondering what could be in store.  I know everyone's journey is different, but I do like hearing from folks who have been there before.

Thank you in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version