Treatment Options > Microsurgical Options

After Translab, will the tinnitus go away?

(1/2) > >>

bpham:
I'm thinking about the translab operation and wonder if someone who has had it, did the tinnitus go away?

Thanks.

krbonner:
Mine changed, but didn't go away.  It's not better or worse now, just different.

I've yet to find anyone who had their tinnitus go away post-op.  My surgeon didn't know of anyone either.  The most likely outcome is that it will be about the same, though there is a chance it'll get worse. 

But maybe there's still a chance it'll go away - I don't know!

Katie

tjr:
I will tell you mine is louder after surgery. Its always there. I have noticed that when I move my eyes in any direction other than stright on, it will get louder. Was hoping that 17 months post- op it would have become less noticeable.  Left SSD.  I can tell you that everyone different  Hope this helps.
3.5 x 3.5 x 2.7.

Sue:
Tinnitus is the bane of our existence! Almost everyone with an AN has it and there have been extensive conversations on here about it and all of us wishes it would just disappear...but it's most likely we all are going to have to come to terms with it and try to live our best lives, albeit, with more head noise than most people. Sucks, but what are ya gonna do?  :)

Sue in Vancouver USA

ixta:
Well it might just take all your hearing too so you won't have to worry bout any ringing. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version