Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Amniotic membrane

<< < (2/2)

vickieastwood:
I got my scleral lenses yesterday and I know it's just been a day, but I have to say they are awesome! I imagine it helped me that I wore contacts for ~ 30 years before my AN and was used to sticking things in my eyes. They are very comfortable and I can't believe how good my distance vision is. The scleral lens have my prescription for distance in them. I'm going back next week to get a pair of computer and reading glasses so I should be all set for work. I can see why so many are suggesting them, they are a must if you have eye issues.

If anyone is in the Charlotte NC area, I got my scleral lenses from Complete Eye Care in Belmont, NC. 704-271-5544. Dr Barbara Marcussen is wonderful and went above and beyond with my care. She has contacts across the country and can help connect you with local providers for the amniotic membrane or the scleral lenses. Hope this info helps!

Vicki

vickieastwood:
Hi everyone,

It's been three months now since I got my scleral lens and I still love them! Not only had the cornea dry eye damage healed but my vision has improved dramatically from legally blind to 20/30. I can't begin to express what a difference these lenses have made in my quality of life. Dr. Marcussen is wonderful and I highly recommend her to anyone in the NC/SC area.

Vicki

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version