Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

cyberknife radiation

<< < (3/4) > >>

kends2020:
Geminigirl529 How are you doing?  I was diagnosed in November. Drs. recommended CyberKnife.  Still waiting for surgery to be scheduled but now wondering if I want to go forward versus waiting.

My symptoms are mild compared to others I have read about.  Mild hearing loss and ringing in the ear which is tolerable.

Having just gone through the surgery, what would you recommend?

Ken

v357139:
Best of luck Gemeni.  Keep us posted...

jeanhomer:
Hi,
Haven't been or posted  on the site for quite a while.  Had cyberknife in October, went well.  No immediate changes, as was expected.  First MRI was scheduled for April.  Unfortunately in January I lost the hearing in my right ear. No explanation so the doctor had me come to is office.  He did a procedure where he injected Prednisone directly into the ear drum,  by that night the hearing returned to normal.
No problem with that ear since. But he ordered an MRI which I had In February, so my scheduled MRI for the AN in my left ear had to be rescheduled for July. The recent MRI  showed that the tumor had swelled, as it is supposed to do. 
Since the CK  my mouth looks much better and my eye is improving. I expected improvement with the fuzzy head and balance issues. Not so far.  Some good and some bad days.  I started vestibular therepy last week to see if that will help.
I'm wondering what the results are from those that have had CK and how long after did they see results.  I  would appredciate any advice  you can give.

notaclone13:
Hi Jean,
Good to hear back from you. Several of us have been wondering how you were doing since you had issues so soon after Cyberknife treatment and then stopped posting. Glad to hear some of the problems are resolving. Hope the balance issue will soon improve as well.  Would you say your balance after Cyberknife is better or worse than it was before treatment? I found a thread on this forum called
“One year after Cyberknife balance” started by Anne S B. Here’s the link if it works: https://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=20211.msg979762416#msg979762416

It should answer some of your questions. Please keep posting so we know how you are progressing. I am pre-treatment, but do have balance and dizziness issues and find that some days are worse than others for no apparent reason. So frustrating.

jeanhomer:
Hi Notaclone,

Thanks for the link to Anne's post.  I guess what I am experiencing is not uncommon.
Although her posts go back to 2014 they were enlightening.  I have accepted the fact that I will never regain hearing, will always have tintinis and fullness.  It is 6 months since my cyberknife radiation.  Some of the posts suggest that it is not uncommon to have symptoms 1 year later.  I started vestibular therepy, 2 sessions so far.  I also have therepy that I am doing at home.  No significant changes yet. Patience, patience, patience.
Thank you for responding to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version