General Category > AN Issues

Is this a new procedure??? Seems so much better than Translab

<< < (2/3) > >>

arizonajack:
Yes, very interesting. That Dr was a real piece of work. The plaintiff's were awarded almost a million dollars which I think wasn't enough by half.

That case supports my argument that doctors can be more dangerous than guns.

Number of physicians in the US:   700,000
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:   120,000
Accidental deaths per physician:   0.171

Number of gun owners in the US:   80,000,000
Accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups)   1,500
Accidental deaths per gun owner:   0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor.

markandrew67:
I just read that case you posted Cityview, It is an interesting and somewhat chilling read. I was just checking this doctor out on his wikipedia and skull base institute webpage...how can someone like that still have a practice?? What he did was reprehensible and criminal- I thought one might lose a license after something like that?

Also makes me more thankful for the docs who haven't failed you.

arizonajack:

--- Quote from: markandrew67 on March 04, 2016, 09:46:05 am ---how can someone like that still have a practice??
--- End quote ---

Good question.

On 2/4/13 the Executive Director of the CA Medical filed an Accusation/Petition to Revoke Dr Shahinian's license as a result of the Ralli affair. (License #A60898 Case #112010206785).

The complaint follows the lawsuit explanation and can be read at:

http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/BreezePDL/document.aspx?path=\DIDOCS\20130205\DMRAAAEC2\&did=AAAEC130205220745040.DID&licenseType=A&licenseNumber=60898#page=1

Now, 3 years later, the current status of that petition is:

"ACCUSATION FILED. THE PHYSICIAN HAS NOT HAD A HEARING OR BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF ANY CHARGES."

https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/publicRecordDetailsCADCA.do?tableid=1502&lictyp=8002&licid=850771&licNumber=60898&rank=A&desc=Administrative%20Disciplinary%20Actions&recordid=14275071&from=/details&name=SHAHINIAN%2C+HRAYR+KARNIG&licTypeDesc=Physician+and+Surgeon+A

I wonder why the CA Medical Board has been sitting on this for 3 years without taking any action.

There's a lot more about this doctor on the internet. A while back he sued a hospital essentially for wrongful termination and retaliation and won over 4 million dollars. Prior to that he sued his attorney for malpractice and lost. There is also a mention that as many as 17 medical malpractice lawsuits have been filed against him in the past.

BudD61520:
Are there other physicians using this technique successfully?

PaulW:
Many surgeons use endoscopic tools, where they are appropriate for AN's
They don't make a song and dance about it and charge 3 times the amount..
Does making a 2.5cm hole or a 5cm hole in the skull really affect recovery, or is dramatically less invasive?
In normal surgery yes... Because you are cutting through layers of muscle..
Brain surgery.. Peel back the scalp and make a hole.... The only nerves are in the scalp, and there are no muscles..
At first glance it looks very attractive...... But is it really better?
Maybe it's just one big marketing ploy to charge people extra....

Does the Dr have a high affinity for money?
Read the court cases and draw your own conclusions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version