General Category > Insurance

Insurance Story

(1/3) > >>

lholl36233:
I had to share the insurance details of my 6/9 trip to the Mass Eye and Ear with my AN friends.

MRI                         2,640.00
CT                          1,579.00
Contrast Injection        960.00

I can deal with my 65.00 portion of this Tufts is asking me to pay.

Who says you don't need health insurance?   ???

leapyrtwins:
Yes, insurance is certainly wonderful - once you get through convincing them to cover your claims  ;)

Last year for my MRI and AN surgery I only paid $400 deductible and this year for my MRI and BAHA surgery I only paid $400 deductible.  Not bad at all for about $175,000 worth of medical procedures.

I'm still waiting for my BAHA processor claim to be sent to my insurance company to see how much I owe for it, but I'm hopeful it won't be too much.

Jan

Jim Scott:
As I've stated previously, although the U.S. healthcare system has it's shortcomings and the insurance bureaucracy can be a labyrinth to navigate, in the final analysis, health insurance companies generally pay the medical bills in this country and at a reasonable cost when compared to what you would owe a doctor or hospital if you were solely responsible for paying their bill.   

I'm no fan of insurance companies but I think they do a credible job, with some exceptions, of course.  The post from lholl36233 is yet another example of what gets paid and how little the policyholder is actual liable for - $65. on a bill of $5,179. A little over 1% of the total bill.  I think we could all deal with that. 

Jim

Dan:
After surgery I stayed in the Hosp. 9 days then they sent me to a Rehab center for 5 weeks and I had physical therapy 3 times a week for another 1  1/2  months, I recieved 
100% monthly loan for 6 weeks and then 75% of mothly loan for the rest of the three months that I couldn't work.  For the hospital stay I payed about $200 and for the physical therapy I payed about $100 for the 5 weeks in Rehab I payed $0.  We pay 12-14.5% of monthly income for Insurance but children are free and 100% covered.

Dan in Germany

Syl:
Hello all,

My co-pay for my surgery and 5-day hospital stay was $250.00 with my Kaiser insurance. I know I got off easy.

Syl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version