General Category > Inquiries

How do I post a picture?

(1/1)

BeJoi:
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just don't know how to upload a picture of myself.  The information for newbies says that I need to download it from a URL, but I don't have a clue what that means or how to do it.  Is there a simple way to do this from the files on my computer?  I thought I was so computer savvy after figuring out how to upload; now I'm not sure!  :-\

I'd appreciate any help with this.  If I need to post my picture on a URL please let me know how to do that.

Thank you,

Beverly

ppearl214:
Hi Beverly,

If you have a MySpace or Frappr (see my sig line below with a link to my frappr page), you can post pics there.  That will create a "URL" web address of where the picture is posted.

Example:

1.  Go to frappr to create your AN Webpage
2. On the frappr website, you can "post pictures" directly off your computer.
3.  Once a picture is posted there, place your mouse over the picture, then "right click" on your mouse. You will see a "pop up" window... drag the mouse to "Properties". 
4. When the properties window pops up, you will see a "url" for the picture.  "Copy" the url noted in the properties window
5.  Come back to the ANA boards, to your profile.  Where you see to post a pic of yourself, place your mouse in that spot and "paste".  You will see that url address then placed in the picture field where it is to be typed.  Now, go to bottom of screen and "save".

that should do the trick :)
Phyl

Sam Rush:
Didn't work for me, got a blank pic square??

BeJoi:
Thanks, Phyl.  I finally got it  :D  I went to another site where I had a picture already posted and did what you suggested.  I actually had to right click on the photo URL and copy.  Then I just pasted it on profile page. 

Beverly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version