General Category > Inquiries

You all sound so knowledgable!

<< < (2/3) > >>

macintosh:
A website that provides a lot of useful information is the University of Pittsburgh acoustic neuroma treatment site. The web address is www.acousticneuroma.neurosurgery.pitt.edu.  It should help you ask all the right questions the next time you talk to a doctor.

Your AN is small and should be very treatable. We may sound knowledgeable now, but we all started where you are--knowing nothing, and feeling panicky. It takes time to learn about this condition, but once you do you'll feel a lot better.

Mac

nadia:
Thank you all for the information.  My AN symptoms are hearing loss and tinnitus.  It's been on-going for several years but I didn't recognize it as anything requiring investigation until my daugther entered the audiology program at the University of Washington and insisted that I have an audiogram and MRI.  Lucky to have kids!  I am 55 but will not rush into anything.  Does anyone have any experience with treatment in Michigan?

Battyp:
nadia have you lost all your hearing or do you still have serviceable hearing?  The reason I ask is because within 4 mos after my symtpoms started I lost my serviceable hearing and by the time they actually diagnosed me I was completely deaf.  That is the downside to waiting.  You're tumor is small so don't rush into making a decision but if you are not comfortable with waiting be an adovcate for yourself!

ceeceek:
Sorry Nadia, dont know spit about michigan.....but I am glad we have been of some help...how is it going with the HMO....keep calling keep bugging etc.....remember they work for you...you pay thier premiums and salary..remember that!
Ceeceek

neal r. lyons:
hello nadia! in case you haven't found it yet the address is:  HOUSE EAR CLINIC
                                                                                   ATTN:ACOUSTIC NEUROMA WEBSITE CONSULTATIONS
                                                                                   2100 WEST 3D STREET  1ST FLOOR
                                                                                   LOS ANGELES,CA.  90057
SEND MRI SCANS BY EXPRESS MAIL
I THINK YOU SHOULD GET A REPLY WITHIN A FEW DAYS
                                                                                     i'm going to do it myself  best wishes, neal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version