General Category > Inquiries

Are my symptoms going away?

(1/2) > >>

Ingy M:
Hi all,

I have not been dx with AN, however my MRI is for March 3. Is it normal for some symptoms to come and go?  I sometimes feel that there is nothing wrong because days go by without any symptoms. 
What do you think?

ingy

tony:
Sorry that you have a problem,
it can be quite confusing for sure
It is quite true that you can have off days - and on days too !
This is why the MRI is so important
Only when the tumour gets quite large ( and sometimes more dangerous ?)
is a problem almost constant (this can take many years)
basically a growing tumour starts to cause compression amongst key nerves
that then react with some strange side effects
So yes get it checked and checked again
Good luck
Tony

Battyp:
Keep your MRI appointment! 
Yes like tony said you can have on and off days with syptoms.  It's real easy to ignore treatment on a day you aren't symptomatic.

So please keep your appoitment and let us know how it goes.

Laura:
Yes, keep your appt! My symptoms come and go all the time. Most days I feel completely normal (well, as normal as I can be anyway) while other days the symptoms are "loud and clear". For your own piece of mind do keep your appointment. Then if the MRI shows nothing it can help to ease your mind!

Best of luck to you

Laura

Jim Scott:
Ingy:

Allow me to echo what the previous posters have stated. 

Yes, AN symptoms can 'come and go' from day to day - at least until the tumor grows large enough to start doing some serious nerve damage that doesn't simply 'go away'.  You do not want to get to that point if it can be avoided.

Of course you want to have the scheduled MRI scan and learn whether or not you really have an acoustic neuroma tumor (you may not) and if so, learn what your options are at that point.  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version