Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

3 neurosurgeons pressuring me to get CK during pandemic! 1 said I could wait 20.

(1/4) > >>

BigJoeBass48:
Not many people on here have answered my posts, a few have, maybe too long. I just spoke to the 4th neurosurgeon who is pressuring me like 2 of the other 3 have. That a small AN 1.4x1.6x1.6 is of UTMOST importance to get CK on ASAP! 1 CK doc said I could live 20 more years with this AN which would make me 83 and that would be a good life to me.

The other 3 want me to drive 4 1/2 hours, get the CK and drive home right after! That sound right?

I have intermittent tinnitus in right ear, a little in left on bad days. OTHERWISE NO SYMPTOMS! No dizzyness, no falling down, no headaches. They say AFTER the procedure (post CK) AN could get bigger, could have symptoms, might have to have radical surgery then. But this guy today said 80% chance tumor would shrink but tinnitus could worsen. WHAT TO DO?

I have many underlying health issues including High BP and asthma and male over 60 and 95 pounds overweight. This pandemic has killed over 50,000 Americans as of today. I have this procedure down now and 6 months later I have all kinds of symptoms and I can't just run to ER during the "resurgence" of Covid.

Kathleen_Mc:
I'd be tempted to wait. You're currently not in any danger and not suffering from the AN so why toy with it ?

Greece Lover:
obviously, I'm not a doctor, but I'd agree with Kathleen. Unless a doc has told you your AN is an emergency, and it doesn't sound like it is, it is unlikely that waiting a few months would make much of a difference.
I know there are many AN patients right now in limbo because of the virus and I"m sorry about that.  hang in there.

BigJoeBass48:
Greece Lover and Kathleen_Mc-----Thank you very much for these 2 replies, I seldom get any reply to my Newbie posts. Yes, I am going to tell them I want to wait and see at least until the next MRI in January of 2021. I never like to argue with my doctors but I have to see what happens with this Covid 19. We've got over 900 cases in the area I live which could just be the tip of the iceburg if we could get testing done, it takes 6 months before any adverse symptoms of CK occur and that is right at the height of flu season.. Thank you again, Joe

Greece Lover:
That seems smart. Remember, too, you can always do a distance consultation withe the house clinic in California.  I believe they do that for free.  Even if you don't intend on going there, they're universally thought to be the best, and it could give you another opinion while you're in wait and see mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version