General Category > AN Issues

Just diagnosed yesterday.

<< < (4/4)

Greece Lover:
Great news!

UpstateNY:
From another observer's perspective, I definitely see improvement between the photos.  That is awesome!!!

When I researched possible outcomes prior to my surgery, I recall Mark Ruffalo (in his video) did not see improvement until 10 months.  You are far ahead of many others, so that is a very encouraging sign.

Keep the positive attitude and faith.

researcher:
You are doing great, Laura!!! So happy for you. Best wishes on your continued recovery.

robertweeks:
I haven't read all the replies, so I may be duplicating here.  If so, I apologize.  Getting the diagnosis can be overwhelming and frightening, but take heart.  AN tumors are not malignant, so you can take some time to think about your options (of which you will no doubt get lots of information) and decide, one foot in front of the other, what is best for you.  The fear is unnecessary, so you can afford to set it down and take the time you need to go forward on this.  Be prepared also to get second opinions as needed, if you aren't happy with the information or treatment you get.  AN cases vary widely and so do doctors  My first neuro-whatever-he-was counseled watch and wait and told me that my symptoms could not be caused by AN.  This website and my second neuro-whatever said otherwise.  The symptoms I encountered went away with the surgery, so the second doctor was right.  Of course, I have had other symptoms with recovery and that is a long road and another story, but I am certainly better off for having had surgery.  Hope this helps.  Take heart, keep breathing and trust that you are on a path that will lead to healing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version