General Category > Hearing Issues

Trans Ear

<< < (12/12)

ladyharley:
It's frustrating that the audiologist just assumes that this is the best hearing aid and not even discussing what problems are the worst for me.  I have a severe sudden hearing loss in one ear and it's quite stressful.

Cynaburst:
So I had a long appt. with my audiologist today.  He reprogrammed the device to make it louder, and then he put me in the booth.  My word discrimination score without the Transear was about 20% or so in the bad ear.  When I put the newly re-programmed Transear in my score was up to 72%. 

It definitely helps me hear people talking on my bad side, and I can have a telephone conversation with the bad ear or hear someone whispering in my ear.  It is not always perfect, but its definitely better than what I had before.  I also think that today's adjustment will help.  I have had the Transear for 3 weeks now, and am wearing it for about 12 hours a day.  It is comfortable now although it did take a little sanding.

I would encourage those on the fence to try it out.  It is definitely worth it, although it may take some work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version