General Category > AN Issues

Just got MRI Report

(1/3) > >>

Roggae:
Just received MRI report. Probable CPA meningioma 2.3 x 1.5 x 1.3 cm impacting inner ear. Symptoms are asymmetrical tinnitus and significant hearing loss. Knew something was wrong. Figured AN but probably not. Will meet with ent for next steps. 49 yo M. Don’t know if meningioma is right for this forum.

MarlaB:
This forum has mostly resources for those affected by Acoustic Neuroma in some way, either as patients or caregivers.

You may find more of what you are looking for if you find a support group strictly for your diagnosis, but you are welcome to stay since some of us have also had to deal with meningiomas on top of an AN.

Marla B

Roggae:
Thanks Marla. Not sure where to go at this point.

Jill Marie:
Hi,  My sister was just diagnosed with a meningioma.  Since I have gotten a lot of help from this board for many years I went in search of a support group for her.  I found two by typing a search for meningioma support group online.  The first one is called meningioma mommas, the second one is the Stanford Medicine Heath care site. I don't know anything about either board but I imagine they could help you.  As Marla said, you are welcome to stay as there are others on the board that have dealt with a meningioma.  I joined the group when I had a Facial Nerve Tumor removed in 1992, there wasn't a support group for me but a lot of my issues are similar to an Acoustic Neuroma which I was originally diagnosed with. 

I hope one of these support groups can help you get the answers you need.

Good luck, Jill

Roggae:
Thanks Jill. I am not on FB but may join to get access to MM. I have a first visit with Chang at Stanford next week. I’ve also reached out to Schwartz at UCSD. I’ve come to learn that ANs aren’t CPA meningiomas but reading through people’s accounts here are helping me to wrap my head around what’s to come. Lots of strong and inspiring people here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version