General Category > Inquiries

crazy or what????

(1/4) > >>

thecakes:
   My AN was removed Oct 20,2002.   The doc said he got all of it.  I also had a stroke, a few seizures, blood clots, coma for 6 weeks, etc.  All after this mess, now I'm fine except for
balance issues, and memory problems.  I am on disability.  I'v allways had memory problems which got worse around the "tumor days" but now is worse yet.  I ask my husband where he is going today{truck driver} he says 'YOU JUST ASKED ME THAT a minute ago.  I remember asking thAT but I forgot what he said.  I do things like this all the time.  I was with my mom and we met with some of her friends.  I was interduced 3 times.  Later that week I told her that if I would see them again I would'nt recognize tjhem . I  was stoped in a store the other day and it was one of the ladies I met, and sure enough i did'nt know them from adam, much less know their names.  How stuck up I must seem.  The red flag went up the other day when my kids were talking about xmass and what my oldest daughter got me.  I forgot.  They said she got me a DVD and I swore I had this DVD along time ago.  Now my oldest daughter lives in Dayton-95 miles away.  She is the first to leave the nest.  Whatever she does seems like big news to us, do you know what I mean?  That I could'nt remember what she got me for xmass is a big thing and its like I sware I am right weather the whole family says I'm not. OH, I am ok half of the time and I do a good job of mothering and house work, pay the bills, etc but I think theres something wrong yet.

ppearl214:
Cakes,

You have been SO missed around here! :)  Great to see you! :)

Oh, you are certainly not alone. I "milk" my short-term memory dr's note all the time (especially when I forget a birthday or something really silly....).  You, my dear, have endured SO much during your AN journey and it's certainly been on heck of a roller coaster ride for you.

Let me reassure you that you are not crazy... and sometimes, it's difficult to try to educate those around us that memory issues seems to be a part of our AN journey.  That our balance or hearing loss or tinnitus is all part of this trip (that we didn't ask for).

Capt'n Deb did a fantastic post recently about how she deals with trying to get things done, especially with some of the memory issues. Let me see if I can find the link to it (as you can see, the web site has changed since you were last here).  She provides terrific insight into handling some issues, how she writes reminder notes and such and does other things to help her out. You may find it informative as well.

Hang in there... sending my usual huggles to you.....

Phyl

ppearl214:
Cakes,

here is the link to the thread I noted above... it may be helpful.

xo
Phyl

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2807.msg29882#msg29882

Battyp:
Cakes welcome back and you're not alone in the memory department!  Everyday since my son was little as soon as he'd come in from school I'd ask him how is day was and if he had homework.  I still do it and he's 16.  Unf. I'll ask him and 5 mins later ask him again and he'll gently point out I just asked and he answered.  Of course my standard reply is well honey humor me and tell me again and this time I'll try to remember what you said  LOL  It's frustrating and gets old for both of us but he knows it's just part of what I'm going through.  Now ask me what my phone number was when I was 16 and I can tell you that  LOL

nancyann:
Hi there Cakes:

Just wondering if it's time for an appt. with a neurologist ???   Could be something else going on ???  (hate to bring it up, but...  that's quite a memory problem,  I'd want a neurologist to make sure everything in the brain is okay).

Wishing you all the best, Nancy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version