General Category > AN Issues

Is it AN?

(1/3) > >>

mschoen:
Hello all,

Tomorrow I am having my MRI. The ENT is not sure what I have and has scheduled it. I have tingling on the exterior of my ear, like things crawling on it, and apparently have hearing loss on that side. The ENT tested the inner and middle ear and said they are fine. How long does it take to get results from an MRI? Does it sound like AN? If not what else could it be? I am worried.

M.

ppearl214:
HI M and welcome.

One thing I have learned in all of my medical woes, esp. in trying to obtain answers is this... for me, I have learned (and this is a toughie) to take a deep breath and never assume.  There have been many here recently that have attempted self-diagnosis and I would hate to see you stress over something you may or may not have until you have definative answers. 

Usually, MRI's can be "wet" read and results given to the ordering physician within 24 hrs... with potential (more detailed) final reports in 1 week or less.  I, personally, cannot answer your question about "if not what else could it be?" as I am not a physician and many issues/symptoms can mirror symptoms of other situations.....

Please keep us posted on your MRI update... and I do hope you take time for yourself... relax and know that if it is an AN, we are here for you. :)

Hang in there!
Phyl

Palace:
Hello:

We are always here for you and good luck.

I'm in CA. and it took a few days and nearly a week to get my results, from what I remember of the MRI experience.  I go again in about two months and will get a refresher of how long it takes, before I know it.

You're in Texas I believe and I wonder how long it will take.  (not that the state makes a difference)  Please keep us posted when you get the results right away and how long it took.

My best to you and good luck,

Palace

goinbatty:
I was given the MRI CD the same day.  Naturally I put it in my computer to view.  I'm a nurse, but had not seen MRI views before other than a few I ran across researching on the internet.  I saw what I thought was a tumor but didn't know for sure what it was until my follow-up appointment the following week.  I could have called the physician for the report but for some reason and I can't even tell you why, I just didn't.  In answer to your question, the physician could and in my opinion should have the report in hand at least within 2 business days following the MRI.  But of course, may factors can slow that process down.  Good luck and keep updated. 

mschoen:
It was an odd experience being in an MRi for the first time, especially a closed one. The techs said I will have to wait a day or two for the results.

M.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version