General Category > AN Issues

Post-Op Tumor Checkup

(1/1)

Rob7:
   Hey, all,
Finally made it back to Birmingham for CT Scans and follow-up visits.  Bottom line is that the voice and throat-nerve problems (choking) are long-term and may take a year to heal to pre-op condition (no new news there).  Also, 1/3 of the tumor remains and is mostly situated on the brain stem.  I am scheduled for Gamma Knife treatment on 10 September.  If all goes well I will finally have this silly thing GONE.   :)
   Other than that the recovery is going well.  I have FINALLY stopped throwing up and being nauseated all day, and am gaining strength and energy leach day.  I am living cautiously as I know how rapidly I can over-do it and be set back once again.  Still off work and may not return until July.... :(

Don

Omaschwannoma:
Very good news Don!  You sound like you are doing well inspite of the other annoying hangers on from the surgery.  I pray these too will go by the wayside quickly!  Hello to your wife.

nancyann:
Hi Don:  Glad to hear things are slowly (as expected) healing.  My voice still isn't the same as pre-op (almost 11 months out), but it sure is better than it was the first 1/2 year post op.   Always good thoughts my friend,   Nancy
ps.  yes, your body went through the mill,  TAKE IT EASY is in order.

cookiesecond:
Hi Don,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard to take things slow but things will get better!!!
Take care,
Lynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version