General Category > Inquiries

1st follow up MRI - today... what is next?

(1/2) > >>

Laura:
Good morning everyone! My MRI is scheduled for this morning at 8AM but I'm totally clueless as to my next step. Shall I got back to the ENT that discovered my AN but knows nothing about them? Shall I go back to my PCP who has never had a AN patient before and got his first real lesson from me? Shall I schedule an appointment with the ENT he referred me to before that is three hours away and next to impossible to get an appointment with? I'm so confused; as if the stress from the MRI isn't enough. What is the point in having this MRI if there isn't anyone around me that is capable of reading it and telling me what I need to do.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest this morning. Thanks for listening as always!

Laura

krbonner:
Personally, I'd get a copy of the MRI (films AND report) and send it to the ENT that knows what he's looking at.  You can get a report back over the phone from his nurse about whether or not more follow-up is needed.  Though you may also need to send copies of your first MRI (if he doesn't already have them) so he knows what he's comparing to.

HTH!

Katie

Sheryl:
Hi Laura - As the posts above, definitely ask for a copy of the MRI and the written report (they usually give that to you anyway).  More importantly, who ordered the MRI for you?  That's the doctor that I would followup with.  Did they call the order in or did you have a slip with the order on it when you went for the MRI?  Personally, if you've seen a neurologist, that's the doc I would go back to as they have the know how to do all the neurologic tests.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Another "Wait and Watcher",
Sheryl

GM:
Laura,

I would also suggest getting a copy of the MRI for you...I have all of mine on CD-ROM.   

Have you thought of trying to get an appointment with a Otolaryngologist?  They would be able to accurately interpret the MRI and tell you what is the next step.  If you can’t get an appointment with the doctor that is far away…maybe sending a copy of the MRI CD-ROM or a hard copy of the MRI films would be an alternate route.

Gary

Shrnwldr:
Hi Laura,
I would even suggest you send the film to the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles.  They will call you back almost immediately to discuss your film and options.

Good luck
Sharon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version