General Category > Inquiries

swallowing

(1/3) > >>

kerri lyn angel:
hi was just wondering if anyone out there has a swallowing problem post translab. i had my surgery june 2005 and find that its getting progressivlely harder not to choke. i sometimes choke on my own saliva and swallowing pills is nearly impossible. have even had to switch to chewable vitamins like a little kid lol! it almost seems as if the left side of my throat muscles are not in sync with the right side. appreciate any info.    kerri

Joef:

sounds more like a pre-sugery issue !.. did they get the whole tumor out? .. and have you taked to your doctor about it?

Gennysmom:
I would definitley get with your Doctor.  Mine was a large, but not huge tumor taken out translab, and they had to scrape nerves 10-12 pretty good, and were worried I couldn't swallow...it's either 10 or 11 that controls swallowing.  I didn't and haven't had a problem, but if I did, I'd get it checked.  Let us know!

kerri lyn angel:
dear joef, definitely not a pre surge condition though may be unrelated i dont know. and no i havent spoken with my doctors about it or any of the other multitude of post an removal. moved out of the state and currently have no docs or medical insurance have to wait 24 months from date of disability to qualify for medicare and am virtually unisurable by anyone else. even if i was i couldnt afford it. leaves me very frustrated and is why i joined this forum. and no they did not remove the whole tumor. left a bunch in to preserve face. thanks for responding. kerri

Gennysmom:
Kerri, I'm sorry to hear that....what a frustrating mess these little buggers can create.  I hope that it gets no worse...I know there's some nerve functions that seem to actually get a little worse before they get better, so lets just hope that's what's going on.  Where did they have to leave some?  Do you know what nerve it's on and what nerves they had to disrupt to get it out? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version